Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Woman Who Couldn't Move

image
Happy Monday Wednesday! Alright, so I spent 5 days in bed. What? It was the full moon- and I'm exhausted. Like, the kind of exhaustion paired with no other symptoms (except nausea...). Yeah, I know. My body simply said to be still and so... I listened. Now I've got a lot of dishes to do and my sewing room is still in shambles from my father's visit last week.

No sewing Michelle is not a happy Michelle.

On the bright side I organized my entire fabric/yarn stash before he arrived. Did some serious disgarding that sounded something like this in my head:

"look, that olive green knit you made that mini skirt with... there's a whole 1/2 yard left! You can totally do a lot with that"
"no, not really"
"yes, you can make a headband, a little coin purse.. how badly do you need an iphone sleeve?"
"not that badly"
"don't throw this away... you MIGHT need it in the next hundred years"
"ugh, fine... wait!"
*dramatically throws into white trash bag*
"tsk, tsk... the headband that never was..."
"shutup"

After about 3 hours of this... I've whittled my fabric down to

  • scraps I absolutely love (no more than 3 pieces)
  • fabric I absolutely love that's at least 1 yard
  • notions in colors that I'd actually use
  • thread in colors that I'd actually like

Then I put everything under my beautiful, custom made, sewing table and pushed the table back into the corner so I could fit the air mattress in the room. The sewing machines were covered and put away so my Dad could use the desk for his things... yeah, he left last Friday. And since then.. nothing has been touched. 

Tonight, all of that changes!! *evil laugh* After my burlesque class of course! Okay, so after my two day's of soreness after my burlesque class. Chair dancing is not for wusses guys! You know how everyone talks about your core and you're like, yeah my core, totally, but you have no idea what that means? Chair dancing guarantees that you know what that means, where it is and how it feels when it's throbbing. Yay, new body parts!

Anyhoo, the steps are like this: 

  1. Don't be tired **
  2. Clean your sewing room up from guest
  3. Post 3 Project Watercolor Designs
  4. Create Production Schedule
  5. Adjust
  6. Cut 
  7. Sew
  8. Love
**Reasonably. Also, coffee.


Maiedae Mixer

maiedaemixer
So yeah, all of this feels totally doable and I seriously cannot wait to show you my next three (actually 4) design sketches!  One of them is going to be what I wear to the Maiedae Mixer I'm going to in October! I'm really excited to rub elbows with other creative ladies in the area. I get to drive to Atlanta, check into a fancy hotel, get dressed, apply lipstick and who knows, there might even be some sparkly flats involved! Getting crazy, I know. 

After that I'm sure I'll take a hot bath and watch Adult Swim Downton Abbey. Okay, it'll probably be Adult Swim. All by myself. I act all cool but I'll be calling home all night to talk to my little love and Daddy. Sigh. I love them.

So yeah, announcements! Sketches on the way! Going to grownup mixer with alcohol and soft bed. Seriously, how fabulous is my life!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle! I discovered you through the Maiedae Mixer. I can't wait to meet you in October (I'm attending too). It is going to be a blast! I am so excited about a little time out of town without my husband and daughter (even though I will miss them).

    ReplyDelete